Jamie is a licensed pediatric Occupational Therapist based in Santa Clarita California. She holds a bachelors degree of science and masters degree of Occupational Therapy from Eastern Michigan University. Jamie is SI (sensory integration) certified by the University of Southern California and Western Psychological Services. She has worked in pediatric mental health care, school based settings, private sensory based clinics and in-home. She has experience working with a wide variety of children including those on the Autism spectrum, those with sensory processing disorders, ADHD, Down Syndrome, anxiety, depression and orthopedic impairments.
Jamie's passion is helping children in their greatest occupation-play. She believes that through successful play experiences, children grow into capable and confident individuals ready to face any challenge that comes their way. Jamie incorporates Ayres Sensory Integration approaches into her therapy sessions and uses a holistic family centered approach when working with children. She prides herself in using evidence based research to drive her evaluations and treatment plans. Each therapy session is fun, creative and child led.
Jamie specializes in addresssing the following challenges:
- Gross and fine motor delays
- Sensory defensiveness
- General sensory processing including self-regulation
- Difficulties with self-care skills (dressing, grooming, bathing, self-feeding)
- Dyspraxia-affecting sequencing, multitasking, problem solving, play
- Challenges with play and social skills
Jamie currently offers:
- Private in-home Occupational Therapy services and has access to a local facility for private clinic based therapy services.
- Private Occupational Therapy screenings and consultation with parents.
- Parent/teacher group education classes on various topics including: "Sensory Play Based Learning", "Implementation of Handwriting Without Tears", "Sensory Techniques for Home and School", and "Understanding Praxis".